Wednesday, December 7

Carmel

So... Technically it might be called dulce de leche but to me, its like milky carmel.
Via pinterest I found this tip to make carmel from sweetened condensed milk. All it said to do was submerge your can in water and in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or overnight. The end. There were also tips to line your crock pot with foil or place can on a saucer to avoid rust marks, and... To take the paper off of the can. But seriously how simple is that??
Well, after buying apples and grapes at the store this week i decided to give this tip a try. After putting the can in yesterday morning, removing it when I got home from work about 7 hours later, letting it cool while we were at a party, when we got home boy what a fun surprise. Carmel was waiting for us. Needless to say our apples are already gone.

We have another party to go to tonight and we were asked to bring a small desert. Well, I'm considering this a desert. After picking up a few more supplies at the store, here is my recipe for my carmel fruit dip I made for tonight.

Carmel Fruit Dip
1 jar of marshmallow creme
1/2 can of carmel (or whatever you havent eaten yet)
1/2 box of cream cheese
1/2 tub of cool whip.
Fruit: Apples and grapes are the best for dipping

I love pinterest and all the little tips and tricks that make something as daunting as homemade carmel easy as pie.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment