Thursday, January 30

The Zoo

one of my new years resolutions is to organize my pictures. ALL of them. i have a wonderful system in place for the past 6 months, but... all of the rest are sitting in their own piles of un-organization-ness in my external hard drive. i haven't gotten to those yet, but... organizing my pictures has made me realize all of the fun adventures we've gone on as a family that haven't made it onto the blog, so, pardon me as i post non-current things on the blog while i go through my pictures. maybe i'll only post them on thursdays or something to keep with the "throwback thursday" trend.

the day we went to the zoo is one of these.

it was the saturday before halloween and i had gotten stir crazy in the house, that morning i awoke with the desire to do something different. i'm pretty sure the first words out of my mouth were "let's go to the zoo today!" after thinking about it, and coming to a decision that the zoo would probably be "not as busy for a saturday because everyone will be taking their kids to halloween parties" we decided to pack the sack lunches and go!
... that day, was "boo at the zoo" one of the all time busiest days of the year for the zoo. there are vendors and zoo sponsors lining the walkways between animals giving away pamphlets, and candy. lines EVERYWHERE to get your piece of fun size twix. everyone was in costume. garrison, bayli, and i, come walking in and stick out like a sore thumb because we aren't dressed up, and feeling totally stupid because we didn't know about "boo at the zoo." anyway, we chose to forego the candy lines, especially because we weren't dressed up. we were still able to see most of the animals we wanted, as long as we got creative at how to see around the masses of people. the only animal we didn't see was a lion, her favorite animal at the time. i don't think they even have one at that zoo.
it truly was one fun day, yes, it didn't go as planned, but, that's just life. or, as the french say, "se la vie"

and now for a huge zoo photo dump.






 ^^that elephant is seriously holding on to mom's tail, just like in Dumbo!^^


 ^^kisses!!^^

 ^^barking^^

 ^^the best word for this animal we've decided is "Majestic"^^

 ^^sooooo excited to see her favorite animal, the lion. even if it was just a statue^^
 ^^cutest little poser around!^^
 ^^"foxes kissing"^^
 ^^bayli was showing us how he was drinking^^

 ^^the reptile room was the only place we could go to escape the crowds.^^


 ^^so weird to see the process of how an elephant drinks. for some reason i always thought the trunk worked more like a straw... nope!^^
^^you guys, that gorilla is reading. READING^^

13 comments:

  1. Wow so amazing family photos collection. I want to visit this zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will come back in the future. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice evening!

    야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an remarkable paragraph in favor of all the web viewers; they will obtain advantage from it. I am sure.횟수 무제한 출장

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it! 스포츠마사지

    ReplyDelete