Friday, August 10

2012 style review

I am excited for fall. i think because this summer my husband and i haven't been in school, the only cool thing about the summer was that it wasn't cool at all. in fact it was hot. the other cool thing is that we were able to go on vacations/camping but because of our little baby and her very consistent schedule... we learned very early on that leaving home for long distances or long periods of time kinda messed her up. so.... because the three best parts of the summer -no school, hot weather, and vacations- don't really apply to our new little family right now, i'm just super excited for fall to get here already. i've also realized that i have a strictly fall wardrobe. my favorite things are sweaters and cardigans and boots and scarves and maxi dresses/skirts. all of those things are just a tad bit too hot for me to wear right now and i'm dying every time i look at my closet trying to figure out what to wear for the day. also, stores are getting their new fall clothing in right now and boy is it tempting...

so, instead of continuing to wish that fall was here already, i'm going to go over some of my favorite styles of this summer. (also... just in case my little girl comes to me in 16 years or so and wants to dress up in styles from the 2012's... here ya go Bales!)

color blocking, stacked bracelets, chevron
via
high low dresses/skirts
via
loose sheer tops
via
highwaisted pants
via
dyed pants
via
neude heels
via
bold nails
via
mint green anything, lace, tied belts
via
statement necklaces
via
chambray
via or similar
ombre hair
via
when i think about all of the styles most of them have been good. shopping hasn't been like pulling teeth and it's not too difficult to use what was already in my closet in order to make these styles work for me and my budget. but... like always, here are a few styles i can't wait to say goodbye to.

cropped top
via
bandeau bra
via
colored hair tips
via
shoulder cut- out
via
see-through skirts
via
pants that look like skirts, jumpers
via
skinny trousers
via

1 comment: